Tuesday, June 15, 2004

So we've started the Master Cleanse again. This will be our second time. It's the lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper cleanse for 14 days. The last time we did it was in January and I didn't find it all together difficult. For some reason this round is proving to be problematic. I have had a constant headache for the last 3 days. It has woken me up in the middle of the night and I have to admit to taking ibuprofen to get rid of it or I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. I don't remember the headaches being this bad before. The sites I've been reading about this particular cleanse and headaches say that it's because of all the toxins in me becoming loosened and traveling out. Considering we've been strictly vegan for over 6 months you would have thought that the toxicity would have been significantly reduced from the first time we did this when we were on a eat-everything-and-all diet. Who knows. I don't crave the things I did on the last diet. Come to think of it my cravings are nothing worth mentioning other than cauliflower and red wine vinegar. Too bizarre.
I just hope the headaches go away soon. They are making me REALLY irritated and short-tempered.
Talking about irritated, my department just went out for lunch and I wasn't invited. Geeze...thanks guys. You really know how to make a person feel good. Not that I would have gone as I'm on this cleanse...but it would have been nice to have been invited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home